Is it true that renewable energy will be the power source of the time to come? Presently, everyone accepts the fact that in order to slow down the harm that we cause to the environment and planet we must change over to renewable energy. This thinking led us to use renewable substitutes like coal, oil, and gas instead of using fossil fuels. But every good thing has another side too. There are strong financial motives, considering the renewable energy market which is expected to grow to $2 trillion by 2030. This year it is expected that we will witness new energy that will be emerging from projects and laboratories which will become a part of everyday life. So let’s go through these energies which will later be something we can’t wipe out from our lives.
Top 5 Leading Global Renewable Energy
- Hydropower: Hydropower is also known as water power as it produces electricity and mechanical energy with the help of fast-running water. Hydropower is the most popular renewable energy globally as a power source as it contributes to 54% of renewable energy generation capacity. China is at the top in using hydroelectric power even though other countries around the world use it.
- Wind Energy: We all have seen windmills; well this is the key to producing electricity. This will create the second most popular renewable energy that is wind energy. While you travel through India, mainly in the southern part like Tamil Nadu you can find so many windmills.
- Solar Energy: Solar energy is at the top when it comes to fast-growing renewable energy. In many airports, we get to see this, especially the Cochin International Airport. But unfortunately, India is not at the top; UAE has the largest solar power plant in the world.
- Bio-power: India is one of the current leaders in bio-power generation. It can also be done at home by burning, or bacterial decay to convert them into gas/ liquid fuel. It’s a great alternative to fossil fuels as it has a similar process to converting into renewable biomass fuel.
- Geothermal Energy: In simple terms, geothermal (Geo- Earth & Thermal – Heat) energy is heat within the earth. Iceland is the world’s biggest geothermal electricity producer. As the heat is produced continuously by the earth’s surface it is a renewable resource.
Clean Energy Trends to Watch For 2022
- Green Hydrogen: With the use of renewable resources green hydrogen is a fuel that can be of liquid or gas form that is produced through the electrolysis of water.
- Rebound of Renewable Energy: Most of the renewable energy projects got delayed due to the pandemics but 2022 is the year that is going to complete which will lead to a renewables rebound.
- Biofuel Recovery: The production of biomass is through organic matter that can be used instead of petrol and diesel. Biomass is converted into biofuels such as biodiesel and ethanol which are renewable energy.
- Going Green: Every person on this planet has heard of this going green term but not everyone powers their house with renewable energy resources. Even though we are aware of green energy we still rely on non-renewable resources for electricity, heating and cooling. But in future, it will reverse.
- Green Technology in Power Plants: Traditional power plants know that if they need to survive they should stop using fossil fuels. In-order to remain in the competition these power plants will start investing in green technology.